This page covers three types of account restriction that we use to avoid improper and abusive use of this site.
"Sign In Prohibited" when attempting to log in
If you see the message below when attempting to sign in, it usually means your account has been locked by an administrator's manual review due to suspicious activity.
Your account is prohibited to sign in, please contact your site administrator.
If you see this message, please send an email to crystal[at]drg[dot]li using the email account that you signed up with. Please include your username for this site and mention that your account has been locked. If you don't know what email you signed up with or don't have access to that account, you may send an email from any account, but we may not be able to unlock your account without proof of account ownership. You may recieve a reply asking for further clarifications or an explanation of your account's unusual activities before we are able to unlock your account. The final decision on account unlocks is at the administrators' discretion.
When logged in, I cannot access public repositories or the Explore page is blank
This happens when your account has been restricted. This can occur for a variety of reasons, the most common ones are listed below.
- Your account has been flagged for suspicious activity but has not (yet) been fully locked
- Your account was previously locked and has been partially unlocked as part of an investigation
- Your account is locked but you have not yet been logged out (i.e. if your account is locked in the middle of your session)
- Your account was created or flagged by an administrator for a special purpose.
When your account is in this state, you can still view public repositories by logging out of your account and accessing the website as a guest. While logged in, you should still be able to access and contribute to repositories for which you've been explicitly added as a collaborator.
If your account is in this state, you may contact crystal[at]drg[dot]li from your account's primary email address to find out why your account was restricted and inquire about getting these restrictions lifted. Please include your account's username and mention that your account is restricted. The final decision on account restrictions is at the administrators' discretion.
I cannot create an organization
If you are unable to create an organization (i.e. the option to do so does not appear in the "Create..." menu), your account's ability to perform this action has been revoked. This almost always happens for one of the following reasons...
- Your account is currently locked/restricted
- Your account was previously locked/restricted and this privilege has not been restored
- Your account has been found to be abusing the organization feature
- Your account was created or flagged by an administrator for a special purpose
If you would like this function restored, contact crystal[at]drg[dot]li from your account's primary email address. Please include your account's username and the reason you wish to create an organization. In some cases we may opt to create your organization administratively instead of restoring this feature for your account. The final decision on organization creation is at the administrators' discretion.